MARZ PHOTO GALLERY:   Bratislava (Slovakia) 2006

  HOME  »  Bratislava June2006 »  Viewing BratislavaPhoto_5037     [Image 6 of 56]  :: Jump To  
  First slide Previous slide      Show/Hide EXIF Info Index Page Start/Stop the slide show      Next slide Last slide Help
Comment: Typical winding streets of Bratislava, lined by large decorative building side by side and rather narrow. In the central part the streets are only for pedestrians (no vehicles are allowed)
BratislavaPhoto_5018 * Kelati Train Station in Budapest. This is the railway lane to Hamburg which passes through Bratislava Main Station. Here  we stopped for a 1 day stayi in this capital city of Slovakia. * 599 x 784 * (163KB)

BratislavaPhoto_5022 * Views from the train to Vratislava * 799 x 599 * (133KB)

BratislavaPhoto_5029 * Malin, Myself, Etienne and Analise in the train cabin during our two hours and a half trip from Budapest to Bratislava. * 752 x 565 * (141KB)

BratislavaPhoto_5030 * First photo of Bratislava from bus (no.13) that travels from the Main Station to and around Bratislave Old Town * 799 x 599 * (173KB)

BratislavaPhoto_5031 * A nice catholic church dedicated to Saint Ladislav in a busy street called Spitalska  passing nearby the centre of Bratislava. Opposite side of the church there is Tesco Shopping centre * 799 x 599 * (156KB)

Next slide
BratislavaPhoto_5037.jpg - 599 x 784 - (203KB) - 6/2/06 12:32 PM
Download file (203KB)
BratislavaPhoto_5038 * The Primate's Palace of Bratislava. A neoclassical architecture which was the original residence of the Archibishop of Esztergom -  Cardinal Joseph Bátthány and Primate of Hungary in 1781. This palace is one  of the architectural jewels of Slovakia. * 799 x 599 * (186KB)

BratislavaPhoto_5039 * Details of the facade (top part) of the Primate's palace. * 799 x 599 * (145KB)

BratislavaPhoto_5040 * Photo of Primacialne Square which hosts the Primate's palace and the town hall, with a church-like tower. * 799 x 599 * (167KB)

BratislavaPhoto_5042 * Terrace at the side of the town hall looking over Primacialne Square. * 599 x 784 * (150KB)

BratislavaPhoto_5050 * Side view of Bratislava Town Hall also lining hlavne square. The attic windows have their borders painted with Slovakia traditional colours. The residency of the free king?s town Pressburg self-administration used to be the Old Town Hall. The complex of buildings from various period-styles is called the core of the Old Town Hall today. Originally, it was formed from the gothic house with reeve Jacob?s tower. It was mentioned in 1370 in King?s Ludovit letter for the first time. It has preserved almost unchanged until today. The portal of the house is simple, late gothic and it has been renewed with the latticed oriel with stone statues. There is the statue of Virgin Mary from the year 1676 on the quoin of the rococo stylized tower. The town bought the neighbouring Unger?s house in 16th century. In 20th century, the eastern annex was completed in the neogothic style, whereby the Primacial palace was joined with the Old Town Hall. This historical building is the residence of the town?s museum, today. * 799 x 599 * (139KB)

Album last updated on 6/11/06 1:08 PM
Powered by JAlbum 6.4 and BluPlusPlus skin
Photos strictly under copyright of Stephen Mifsud (Malta) -